traveling or not, staying active is a hobby of mine. I often get asked if I workout on vacation and my answer is yes! read below for my favorite fitness travel essentials for any babe on-the-go.
planning to head out of town for christmas or the upcoming new year? while it's not always easy to stick to your EXACT exercise regimen away from home, it doesn't mean you can't get your sweat on! unfortunately, having easy access to fitness gyms, studios or classes while going out of town isn't always an option..but that's okay!
fortunately, there are a variety of luggage-friendly fitness items and supplies that will allow you to travel without skipping out on your routine entirely.
HERE ARE SOME OF MY FAVORITES THAT ARE TOTALLY WORTH THE INVESTMENT:
1. BOOTY BANDS: Great for all sorts of lower body workouts. I travel with medium and heavy bands.
Favorite Brand: X BANDS
2. RESISTANCE BANDS: Great for upper, lower and FULL body workouts. I travel with a heavy duty band kit.
Favorite Brand: X BANDS
3. JUMP ROPE: Great for cardio and easy to take anywhere!
Favorite Brand: YZLSPORTS by Fitness Factor
4. ANKLE WEIGHTS: A great way to add even more intensity to your strength or cardio training. Perfect for high intensity workouts.
Favorite Brand: REEHUT Durable Ankle/Wrist Weights
5. BLOW UP EXERCISE BALL + PUMP: Hello CORE work! I love working my abs, so these are a must. I usually travel with a 45cm and 65cm ball)
Favorite Brand: Trideer (comes in sizes: 45cm-85cm)
6. LIGHT, STURDY + COMFORTABLE SHOES: Shoes are CRUCIAL. I will usually travel in my Nikes. That way I do not have to worry about fitting an extra pair in my luggage.
Favorite Brand: Nike Juvenate Sneaker (shown in photos above)
7. CORE SLIDERS: More AB work. YAY! These are great for your core and upper body.
Favorite Brand: Bodvera Gliding Discs
8. BLENDER BOTTLE: Lightweight, compact and can even fit in your purse or backpack!
Favorite Brand: Blender Bottle Pro32 Shaker Bottle
9. BCAA’S: Great for during your workout and after! It helps with muscle recovery and gives you energy.
Favorite Brand: Scivation Xtend Go Amino Energy BCAA Powder
10. AMINO ENERGY: Great for that pre-workout energy boost!
Favorite Brand: Optimum Nutrition Amino Energy Stick Packs
11. PROTEIN PACKETS: Perfect for a quick post-workout snack that nourishes your body and keeps you full in-between meals! I prefer pre-made packets while traveling.
Favorite Brand: Quest Protein Packets
12. COLLAGEN: Collagen has SO many health benefits. To name a few: glowing skin, joint health, tendon and bone health, improved digestion, gut health and better sleep. Pour into coffee or tea for an easy, travel-friendly way to consume.
Favorite Brand: Vital Proteins.
13. TRAVEL SIZE, SWEAT-APPROVED BEAUTY ESSENTIALS: Products that are compact and helps you stay fresh after a workout are great for busy travel days. I actually love several, so I'll list them out here.
14. EXERCISE APPS: iPhone, iPad, Surface - you name it. If you are looking for workout guidance, I always suggest downloading a workout app that fits your goals and exercise needs. From Yoga to HIIT, there truly is an app for everything. I personally have set, customized workout PDF’s that I load onto iBooks. Easy to pull up and navigate through.
Pack your suitcases and bags with these travel-friendly fitness items to ensure you’re always gym ready, wherever you go.